Position Description - Instructional Designer
Reports To: COO
Location: Support Center
The Instructional Designer is responsible for the creation, documentation, design, delivery and development of learning standards and procedures, with a focus on a blended-learning approach. This position will leverage our Learning Management System or equivalent for the delivery of, and reporting on, learning initiatives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
● Ensure e-learning training is current and representative of our Standards and Procedures
● Create, maintain and update all e-learning media such as images, banners, and thumbnails
● Organize all training in the Learning Management System in a way that allows self study and validation of learning
● Manage and update training delivery and flow of learning paths within the LMS (or equivalent thereof) including permissions and reporting
● Utilize Instructional Design and consulting skills to conceptualize, design, and develop e-learning, instructor led and blended learning materials, tools and systems based on departmental needs and priorities
● Participate in cross functional projects with accountability for communication of status, learning deliverables and timelines
● Responsible for updating and maintaining all printed training documents such as trifolds, facilitator’s guides, trainers guides, etc.
● Design, develop and deliver tools to measure effectiveness of learning and development initiatives.
● Responsible for documenting desk procedures for all LMS functions, including how to give permissions, how to run reports, how to build modules, etc.
Non-Essential Job Duties
May perform similar and incidental duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training & Development, Instructional Design or similar field preferred
Experience: 5-7 years of demonstrable instructional design experience designing formal learning solutions in various delivery formats. Restaurant experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge: Proficient in G-Suite (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, etc). Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere and InDesign. Proficient in desktop publishing software and e-learning authoring software such as Articulate Rise and Storyline. Knowledge of SCORM standards and publishing SCORM content. Knowledge of Visual editing tools such as Camtasia, Photoshop or Vimeo. Knowledge of video capturing tools such as cameras and audio equipment. Knowledge of Wisetail LMS a plus.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written skills required. Bilingual-Spanish a plus.
Other Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Strong demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail. High level of skill in technical/procedural writing,user experience, and proofreading/editing. Commitment to Company’s Promises of a Great Team Member.
Other Abilities: Proven ability to identify needs, analyze and logically organize complex information and transform that into professionally designed adaptive, effective and engaging learning courses. Ability to effectively function in a collaborative Team environment. Proven ability to facilitate timelines and deliverables for effective implementation of project goals. Ability to demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and drive.
Major Business/Professional Contacts
Regular contact with Support Center cross-functional partners and restaurant Team Members. Occasional contact with vendors.
Working and Environmental Conditions
Typically functions in an office environment. Occasionally functions in a restaurant environment. May be required to travel via car or airplane, up to 10% of the time, or as needed. Requires occasional work on nights and weekends
Requires sitting for extended periods. Requires time in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting of equipment that may weigh up to 20 lbs.
Please Apply Here: https://usr58.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/urbanplates/Posting/View/835
Urban Plates LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age physical or mental disability, genetic-information, veteran status or uniformed servicemember status.
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities