Neighborhood Health Care in Escondido is looking to fill this role:
Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, administering and directing the human resources management activities necessary to support NHcare’s goals and objectives while ensuring compliance with Federal and State employment and labor laws. The Director of Human Resources will provide overall HR leadership, in conjunction with the CHRO, to the organization, including all departments. Oversees the development and implementation of human resources policies, programs and services, including recruitment, selection, retention, legal compliance, employee benefits performance management, professional employee development, employment practices and procedures, employee communications, incentive awards, and employee events.
Employment and employee relations:
1. Provide assistance to employees regarding conduct, discipline, evaluations, hours of work, grievances, appeals and complaints, equal employment opportunity, and employee rights.
2. Maintain and revise, if necessary, a performance management system including job descriptions, and performance evaluations and review annually for effectiveness.
3. Coordinate recruitment/selection, credentialing and orientation.
4. Direct non-exempt personnel and disciplinary actions including separations in conjunction with CHRO.
5. Review Employee Handbook and H.R. Policy & Procedure manual annually and revise as necessary in conjunction with CHRO.
6. Plan, organize and direct the activities and staff of the Human Resources Department.
Compensation and benefits:
1. Manage competitive organization compensation practices and salary programs, including researching market value of NHcare’s job positions, administration of annual merit increases, and administration of wage and salary adjustments. Create, implement, and research compensation programs to ensure pay and benefits are appropriate to attract, recruit, and retain high caliber human resources to perform the organization’s mission. Make recommendations to CHRO.
2. Responsible for directing the administration of benefits and workers compensation programs, including working with insurance brokers to decrease lost employee work time and cut back on unjust claims as well as participating in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, law suits, and insurance investigations.
3. Research, update and recommend compensation packages including benefits to aid in competitive recruitment and staff retention.
4. Ensure all applicable compensation and benefit regulations are met.
5. Oversees employee benefit program responsibilities by directing the administration of the group health insurance and life insurance plans, flexible spending and dependent care programs, 403b and 457 plans, COBRA, HIPAA and FMLA. Analyzes existing benefit policies.
Human Resources Administration:
1. Maintain personnel files and records in accordance with laws and NHcare policy.
2. Implement and maintain paperless systems such as salary changes, evaluations, job descriptions, etc.
3. Maintain a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to ensure availability of staffing information.
4. Review policies, procedures and protocols for all department functions annually.
5. Coordinate H.R. training functions.
6. Coordinate orientation and training functions.
1. Provide training/development for supervisors/managers in H.R. policies/procedures and supervisory/communication skills.
2. Work with Director of Organizational Learning & Development to coordinate training and development for all employees providing resources and presentations.
3. Contribute to the success of NHcare by participating in quality improvement activities.
1. Recommend or make decision to hire, transfer, and suspend layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or discipline in conjunction with CHRO.
2. Promote results supporting equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
3. Assess training needs and promote developmental activities.
4. Conduct department meetings to promote communication, assess and resolve needs and foster teamwork.
5. Evaluate staff performance against job description criteria and competency assessment and provide guidance and coaching to develop an individual as well as a unit to highest potential.
6. Keep staff informed of NHcare activities and promote mission and goals.
Required Skills and Experience:
Skills: Effective written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Organizational and planning skills with ability to analyze, prioritize and meet deadlines. Able to work independently and as part of a team and maintain confidentiality. Supervisory and training and development skills. Able to relate to and work with persons of all ages, social and ethnic backgrounds.
Education: Bachelor’s degree plus five years of HR work experience. Knowledge of California labor laws. PHR or SPHR credential required. HRIS experience required.
If interested please apply here:http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/O8V
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities