People Operations/Total Rewards Specialist/Hybrid
HYBRID ROLE. This position is truly a generalist role and will be involved in all facets of HR, however, will have primary responsibility for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of compensation, benefits and compliance programs (including safety). Reporting into the head of HR, this person will be involved in key decisions and planning. The right person is someone who is excited about rolling up their sleeves and being a part of developing and implementing value-added programs and support to the business (not just running status quo). Ensuring compliance but being able to think outside the box for creative solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and adaptable individual looking to help develop and grow a rapidly changing business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administer compensation, benefit and compliance plans.
- Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions.
- Monitors effectiveness of plans, researches and compares plans offered in similar industries, comparable organizations and market trends; based on findings, recommends changes or updates that are cost-effective and consistent with market trends, competitiveness, and compliance.
- Audits systems to ensure accurate and timely delivery of employer contributions and employee payroll deductions to carriers, plan administrators, or other appropriate service providers.
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
- Conducts employee surveys, census, and other research and demographic efforts required to collect accurate quotes from benefit providers.
- Monitors administrators and insurance carriers reports to ensure the organizations compliance with plan requirements.
- Ensures the organizations and plans compliance with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Works with insurance brokers and investment planners to create competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization.
- Provides advice on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
- Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Lead safety related compliance and programs.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in regulatory changes, new technologies in HR, compensation and benefits administration.
- Provide support to employee and managers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in benefit and/or compensation administration.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and compensation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, related to compensation, benefits and compliance programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, HIPAA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, COBRA, OSHA and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Strong excel abilities.
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to reprioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work and achieve results with minimal direction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- SHRM or HRCI certification