Talent Operations Manager (HR & Benefits)
Screening and scheduling interview now - posting closes 9/22
ALL LOCATIONS /
CHARTER MANAGEMENT ORG – CENTRAL MANAGEMENT /
High Tech High
Developed by a coalition of San Diego civic leaders and educators, High Tech High opened in September 2000 as a small public charter school with plans to serve approximately 450 students. HTH has evolved into an integrated network of sixteen charter schools serving approximately 6,350 students in grades K-12 across four campuses.
Located in San Diego County, California, High Tech High (HTH) is guided by four connected design principles—equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaborative design—that set aspirational goals and create a foundation for understanding our approach. If you are motivated by these principles, we encourage you to join our team!
HTH seeks a Talent Operations Manager to join our HR team, and assist in managing the workflow of the hiring process and providing service to current employees.
The Talent Operations Manager creates alignment among how we operate as an organization in regards to current talent and potential hires. As a strategic partner, the Talent Operations Manager has a clear understanding of the long-term strategic objectives and is proactive in navigating innovative ways to improve the processes within Human Resources.
Benefits Administration and HR Operations
● Manage reasonable accommodations and leave of absence requests
● Manage the employee contracting process
● Understand and manage benefits administrations & open enrollment
● Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
● Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
● Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
● Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
● Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
● Organize quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
● Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
● Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
● Ensure compliance with labor regulations
● Responsible for the strategy, execution and delivery of recruitment services and innovative solutions to all recruitment related challenges
● Proactively works with and collaborates with hiring managers and the Human Resources Team to understand the future talent needs of the organization, and ensure that the appropriate talent pipelining strategies are in place
● Seek and act upon opportunities for continuous process improvement that will ultimately enhance candidate experience and/or increase recruitment efficiency
● Attend necessary meetings with hiring managers and encourage a process to facilitate hiring manager engagement
● Create and maintain a structured recruiting framework that ensures the strongest, most qualified candidates advance to next stages
● Maintains knowledge of trends in the labor market, specifically for the education industry, and uses the knowledge to possibly shift recruitment strategies
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Educational Leadership, Organizational Leadership or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
● or, four (4) years’ experience in human resources, workforce planning, recruiting, hiring and/or staffing; or equivalent combination of education and experience
● SHRM Certification desirable
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills/abilities:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Stellar interpersonal and customer services skills
● Organizational skills and attention to detail
● Ability to function well in a high-paced and time sensitive environment
● Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
● Working understanding of human resource principles, practice and procedures
● Strategic Agility
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience starting at $86,000. HTH offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, and vision for full-time employees and their dependents.
If you fit the qualifications above, and are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative institution that embodies visionary leadership and embraces diversity, then High Tech High is the place for you!
To apply, visit our website, and complete an online application: https://www.hightechhigh.org/about-us/join-our-team
High Tech High provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, High Tech High complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the practice has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities