APPLY HERE: https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=new&jobnum_in=950112
#95011 Internship Coordinator & Career Advisor 3 - Rady School of Management
The Rady School of Management provides business education through its Masters degree programs, PhD program, undergraduate minors and courses, and executive business seminars. In addition to these educational programs, the Rady School includes the Beyster Institute, the California Institute of Innovation and Development (CIID), Center for Social Innovation and Impact, and the US Israel Center. The Rady School's values are excellence, innovation, collaboration and integrity. The staff who work at the Rady School have created a highly participatory, high energy, upbeat environment where providing excellent customer service to our students and our faculty is a priority.
This new senior level position at the Rady School of Management's Career Connections area is a combination of career development advising for high-achieving graduate business students in the highly competitive area of business and the coordination and expansion of a new, specialized internship program for graduate business students. Providing internships is a critical element of any MBA program because it has a significant impact on student satisfaction and post-graduation employment metrics. Graduate business schools are ranked on post-graduation employment statistics for each graduating class and so internships are a key component of our School's international rankings, our branding and identity, our reputation, and our attractiveness to prospective graduate students.
The position develops operational policies and procedures for an expanded internship program, coordinates operations of the internship program, oversees the distribution of information regarding available internships, and implements and monitors procedures regarding applying for internships. This position will establish metrics and collect data involving placements ( internships by class, job conversion, industry, location, level of position, salaries, etc), and will generate reports used by Rady School leadership and read by the Dean. The position serves as a liaison to corporate representatives in the business world, related to the operations of the internship application and evaluation process, overseeing internship contracts, and troubleshooting post-internship issues.
The position also provides advanced career advising to students in the MBA, Masters of Finance, and Masters of Business Analytics programs who are seeking employment in cutting edge industries and in leadership positions in a wide array of national and international locations. The position provides a range of services and programs to meet their career development needs, creates and delivers content for workshops and presentations, explores new ideas for career development skill transfer, uses traditional and online mechanisms to share career development information, and serves as a resource regarding visas to our significant international student population as they seek internships and employment in the US and abroad.
If you are looking to make a difference, if you have the insight, energy, and confidence to organize and expand the operational side of our current internship program, and want to work with professional colleagues who take tremendous pride in what they do and also care about each other, please apply.
· Please submit a cover letter for a complete application.
· A Master's Degree required. Preferred: Master's in discipline directly related to career counseling ie Career Development and Planning, Human Resources, Higher Education, MBA or applicable field experience.
· Experience organizing an internship program, setting goals and metrics, developing operational procedures and policies, and evaluating outcomes.
· Experience in a goal-oriented environment focused on internship placement. Experience in a careers or HR department with an active, extensive internship program.
· Advanced experiencing planning, implementing and delivering a wide variety of career development/job search programs for a sophisticated audience.
· Experience planning and delivering resume workshops, interview skills workshops, job search workshops, panel discussions, speakers' series and other presentations geared to career development and job/internship searches for a sophisticated, specialty audience.
· Extensive experience preparing and instructing advanced, sophisticated job seekers on expectations of high-level employers, interview processes, salary negotiation, etc.
· Advanced experience coaching high-achieving domestic and international students on interview skills, common business etiquette, business communications and negotiation strategies.
· Advanced experience creating tailored presentations to specialty audiences related to career topics, career enrichment strategies, job search strategies, network expansion strategies to large and small groups, including in person, online, and video-taped presentations.
· Excellent written communication skills; editing skills. Professional experience editing resumes, cover letters for sophisticated audience. Extensive experience establishing credibility and rapport advising others on how to write effective resumes, cover letters, business correspondence, etc. and how to make changes to resumes, cover letters, meet career search goals.
· Strong program management, planning, and evaluation skills and experience. Experience developing operational policies or guidelines and implementing changes to policy based on operational experience.
· Experience in a goal-oriented environment with an emphasis on customer service and quick turnaround times. Experience quickly and effectively assessing students'/clients' career related needs. Experience providing useful resources and advice within a short time frame in person, online, and in a group setting.
· Strong experience interacting and communicating with an international audience, ideally students. Experience establishing a rapport and credibility with an international population.
· Experience using a wide variety of online career development tools and websites; experience instructing others on the availability and use of online career development resources.
Experience creating webinars, youtube videos, and other social media to share information. Experience using LinkedIn as a career development tool.
· Experience capturing and analyzing data using Excel. Experience interpreting data. Experience using a CRM or relational database. Experience tracking metrics, productivity, etc.
· Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities