DETAILSPLNU is looking for a dedicated and detail-oriented candidate to support and grow within the Office of Human Resources. You will be a great teammate who is willing to take direction but also shows initiative and can work independently. The role will contribute to the department by assisting with payroll processing and other human resources related functions. This role is currently categorized as temporary and benefit eligible through approximately September 30th, with the possibility of permanent placement at the end of the assignment.
This candidate will provide dependable and professional in-person support to our PLNU community of students, staff, and faculty. Candidates can apply here.
Pay range: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
What We're Looking For:
- Experience and knowledge of California payroll practices preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel, Workday experience is a plus
- You have an eye for detail and are familiar with balancing/reconciliations
- Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates.
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and strong work ethic!
- Knowledge and experience working with a diverse population is preferred
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide excellent customer service communicating clearly, respectfully, positively, and supportively while interacting with a diverse population of students and colleagues.
- Provides training and on-going support to bi-weekly employees and supervisors on time entry system procedures, policies and dates.
- Assists with overall payroll processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls. Serves as a backup when other payroll staff are out of the office.
- Provides payroll reports and data to HR, Accounting and other internal and external constituents as requested
- Acts as liaison with third party vendors to ensure tax liability accounts are reconciled and processed within established deadlines.
- Participate in fiscal and calendar year end processing of payroll and coordinating with outside vendors for W2 distribution
- Processes employment verifications
- Assist with other human resources functions as needed. This could include, but is not limited to, workers’ compensation, leaves of absences, billing and reconciliation, etc.
- One year of direct experience in payroll processing in a medium to large organization
- Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with campus community.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Evidence of Christian commitment and active church involvement. In addition, staff agree to live in agreement with PLNU’s Community Life Covenant.
- Job offer is contingent on a clear background check.