The only way for you to be an official applicant is to apply on line at https://jobs.ucsd.edu/login.aspx.
The Rady School of Management provides business education through its Masters degree programs, PhD program, undergraduate minors and courses, and executive business seminars. The Rady School's values are excellence, innovation, collaboration and integrity. The Rady School staff have created a highly participatory, high energy, upbeat environment where providing excellent customer service to our students, faculty, and colleagues is a priority. Our School has 100 employees including career advisors, academic advisors, student advisors, admissions officers, custodians, event planners, data analysts, program managers, business consultants, IT techs, development staff, , administrative support staff, web designers, digital artists, administrators, and marketing staff.
The Rady School Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter 2 uses theoretical and practical knowledge of personnel management/human resources to interpret, research, and advise/instruct staff on UC and departmental policies regarding recruitment and hiring, position classification and compensation, benefits, exceptions to policy, and employee relations. The position interacts with union represented and non represented staff, supervisors, and managers.
This position has a strong focus on staff recruitment, classification and compensation including recruiting new staff, answering questions about a wide variety of compensation/classification/benefits policies and procedures, orienting and guiding staff regarding leaves of absences and on the job injury procedures, the position also collects and analyzes HR data.
This position focuses on Rady School staff recruitment & hiring activities, guiding supervisors and interacting with job applicants. Under the direction of the Rady School Senior Staff HR Generalist 2, the HR Generalist/Recruiter 2 oversees and monitors the entire recruitment process for entry level staff positions including ensuring timely recruitment activities from job posting through job offer (job posting; resume review; scheduling interviews; interview invitations; interview questions and screening tools; interview process; reference checks; job offer). Trains supervisors and others on the UCSD HireOnline system and the nuances of resume screening and occasionally participates on an interview panel.
· Theoretical knowledge of personnel management and an expertise in human resources: classification, compensation & benefits, performance evaluation, talent acquisition/recruitment, retention, employee relations, labor relations, teambuilding, organizational behavior.
· A Bachelor's Degree in human resource administration or Professional Human Resources national certification (via SHRM or the HR Certification Institute) or other HR certificate; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Experience handling the full cycle of recruitment. Experience and expertise in overseeing and conducting multiple job openings simultaneously. Experience guiding supervisors regarding personnel selection. Experience organizing and monitoring a complex. lengthy formal recruitment process.
· Experience explaining recruitment policies to interviewers, writing appealing job announcements, writing effective interviewing questions and creating evaluation tools and scheduling interviews.
· Demonstrated experience interviewing and evaluating job applicants. Experience conducting references. Experience creating routine job offer documents, experience making job offers to applicants.
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities