ARS National Services, Inc.
Human Resources Generalist
Job Status: Full-Time
Industry: Call-Center, Collections, Sales, Customer Service
ARS has well-established partnerships with the world’s largest, most sophisticated financial services organizations, including major banks and credit card companies, as well as leading providers in other industries including Bankcard, Retail Credit Card, Consumer Loan, Auto Loans, Healthcare, Marketplace Lenders, Student Loan and Alternative Finance Lenders.
We are looking for a motivated, dynamic HR Generalist to partner with and support our growing team. This highly visible Human Resources Generalist position will provide HR and Benefits support for a growing financial services company within a call center environment. The ideal candidate will have experience successfully building relationships at all levels of the organization while managing multiple projects and activities simultaneously. This position partners with Recruiting and Training teams to ensure smooth and efficient transition of newly hired and/or newly trained employees into the site. This individual will also provide a focus on benefits administration support to newly eligible employees throughout the organization using UltiPro HRIS.
Acting as a trusted resource to leaders and employees, there must be an ability to answer HR-related questions and resolve employee relation concerns timely and appropriately while regularly provide constructive coaching and feedback. ARS is unique and getting to know the employees, site dynamics, and business culture is critical to success.
If you have a pride of ownership in your career and looking to use your influence and coaching skills to cultivate a culture that reflects our core values, we want to speak with you. Under general supervision, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support to their assigned Site(s) and assisting in supporting the Human Resources department.
• Partners with employees and management to develop, administer and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Handles employee relations issues; conducts investigations into employee complaints/concerns and performs disciplinary actions as needed; counsels employees on behavior/corrective action; provides assistance and coaching to supervisors on employee development and disciplinary procedures; facilitates communication between employees and their supervisors and/or members of management.
• Works with Site Director(s) to evaluate, approve, and process employee separations; seeks further legal and HR advice and/or approval when necessary; assists supervisors and managers with and/or conducts separation meetings; ensures exiting employees are transitioned appropriately out of the work environment creating as little disruption as possible.
• Partners with Recruiting and Training teams to ensure smooth and efficient transition of newly hired and/or newly trained employees into the site.
• Participates in developing department goals and objectives; recommends new approaches, policies and procedures; works to automate and/or streamline all HR processes; continually evaluates process, policies and procedures to keep up with changing regulatory and legal HR environment.
• Processes employee paperwork and enters data into and maintains HRIS records; generates reports.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning company employment practices.
• Responsible for ensuring that all client specific training requirements, FDCPA certifications, and other company required annual training are up to date for their individual sites on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for partnering with Supervisors, HR Manager, and Payroll to ensure that the site is in compliance as it relates to client expectations, state and federal laws.
• Prepares workers’ compensation reports of injury; files appropriate paperwork and coordinates claims with carrier; assists in any back-to-work and/or safety evaluations; prepares and posts OSHA log as required; acts as Safety Officer for the Site.
• Responds to initial requests for information for unemployment benefits; represents the company at unemployment claims hearings.
• Prepares appropriate documentation for, coordinates and conducts new hire and benefits orientation meetings; facilitates participation in 401(k) meetings, ensuring maximum employee participation goals are met; prepares and processes relevant employee enrollment forms; enters into appropriate HRIS and carrier online systems.
• Compiles necessary information for and coordinates any response to EEOC or other agency investigations; seeks appropriate level of internal legal and HR assistance, review and approval.
• Responsible for production, maintenance, scanning and destruction (appropriate) of all personnel files; coordinates employee request for access to the personnel file; coordinates and provides data as required per subpoena or other bona fide requests.
• Processes employment verifications in accordance with company policy.
• Administers Site and Departmental projects as assigned which may include Employee Recognition Programs, newsletter, Employee Discount Program such as fitness, banking programs and local restaurant discounts
• Provides backup to other sites and answers HR hotline as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies – Company Core:
• Action Oriented--able to move quickly and execute new processes and programs effectively
• Customer Focus--acts with internal and external customers in mind
• Integrity & Trust--Is widely trusted, is seen as a direct, truthful individual, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
Competencies – Position Specific:
• Communication--Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all levels of employees and management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Manages diversity--deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages, and both sexes
• Managing and Measuring Work--monitors process, progress and results
• Organizing--can marshal resources to get things done
• Problem solving--uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Process Management--good at figuring out the processes necessary to get the job done
• Self Directed--
Technical and/or Functional Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of fundamental HR standards and concepts
• MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelors’ degree; PHR or HR Certificate desired
• Three to Five years previous HR experience, and/or a combination of equivalent education and job experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a climate-controlled setting, seated continuously and is sedentary the majority of the work day. This position is in a call center with moderate to high noise levels & frequent foot traffic. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones and photocopiers. Work offices, work stations and cubicles are close in proximity to others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers; and have moderate reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sit and see in order to perform close-up computer work and phone equipment, and requires close-up vision and color recognition.
Please go to the CAREER section at www.arsnational.com for the direct link to get started!
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities