National University System
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) consults and advises assigned National University or Employer client groups to achieve organizational results. The HRBP serves as primary HR contact and brokers Human Resources services to assigned client groups.
The HR Business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
• Contribute to the business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes
• Conduct organization assessments and recommend strategies to improve organization performance
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Recommend organization designs to facilitate high performance
• Coach managers and employees to resolve issues. Develop strategies to avoid similar issues
• Support management in forecasting and planning talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy.
• Prepare position descriptions and provide input to compensation and coordinate staffing needs with Talent Acquisition
• Design effective retention strategies for client groups while using culture pulse-checks and exit data to identify trends
• Deploy HR programs and facilitate adoption by client groups
• Communicate client needs to other HR functions and brokers HR services
• Participate in cross-functional improvement teams
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e. g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or a related field is required.
• Minimum of 5 plus years of experience
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential is highly preferred.
APPLY AT https://nus.applytojob.com/apply/iNRHEEpZNS
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities