Click below to apply!
This is a hybrid position. We are actively recruiting for a Benefits Representative that resides in the San Diego, CA area and has the ability to work onsite as needed.
Millennium Health LLC is an accredited specialty laboratory with more than a decade of experience in medication monitoring and drug testing services, helping clinicians monitor use and misuse of prescription medications and illicit drugs. The testing is used by healthcare professionals to obtain objective information about patients’ recent use of prescription medications and/or illicit drugs and helps monitor the effectiveness of treatment plans. The Company provides clinicians with resources and clinically actionable information to support improved clinical decision-making as part of treatment for millions of Americans with chronic pain, mental illness, substance use disorders, and other health conditions. The Company also conducts real-time tracking of emerging drug use trends to help researchers, public health officials, and policymakers address the significant increase in drug overdose deaths.
The goal of the Benefits Representative is to deliver education and service which enhances the employee experience, encourages the well-being of employees and their families, and upholds Millennium Health’s core values through the day-to-day management of our comprehensive benefits package and evolution of the program.
The following are intended to be the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible but is not complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
Health, Welfare, and Retirement Benefits
· Responds to employee inquiries and offers solutions in a timely manner with a focus on customer service
· Maintains all carrier and vendor relationships for service quality and efficiency, and problem resolution.
· Partners with HR leadership during plan renewal and manages Open Enrollment
· Creates positive employee-focused communication pieces for a variety of benefit-related changes and required notices
· Ensures all regulatory reporting is completed to maintain plan compliance
· Accurately audits and tracks all benefit program expenses
· Assists in the implementation of new programs and may manage projects related to the benefit plan
· Supports HR Representative with new employee benefit enrollments, answering questions about benefits and the electronic enrollment process.
· Initiates, plans, and directs wellness events on a routine basis.
Leave of Absence (LOA) and Workers Compensation (WC)
· Conducts leave of absence meetings with employees and coordinates with third-party administrator for case updates and documentation
· Educates and supports employees through the Workers Compensation claim process and advocates for timely and thorough care
· Collaborates with HR business partners to assist people leaders and employees in determining potential workplace accommodations
· Prepares all WC claims and OSHA documentation
· Responsible for HR’s contribution to the COVID response plan
· Partners with EH&S and Lab Operations for medical testing program compliance
System Administration and Team Support
· Partner with team peers for system administration of HRIS and LMS
· Is the primary back-up of the HR Representative for the internal process of on-boarding/off-boarding of regular and contingent staff
· May respond to unemployment claims to support timely response from vendors and state agencies
· May support HR Business Partners by gathering and compiling data related to employee investigations
· Contributes to and encourages a supportive and collaborative team environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or similar emphasis highly preferred. High school diploma/GED with HR certification and equivalent work experience accepted.
· Previous experience working in an HR department with a medium size company, in science or healthcare industry desired.
· Prior administration of benefit plans and procedures related to ERISA, Section 125 plans, COBRA, and 401(k).
· Prior practice in administering Workers Compensation claims and leaves of absences (LOAs) including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, ADA/FEHA primarily.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office; predominantly Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· HRIS administration with ADP Workforce Now highly preferred
· Ability to quickly and effectively learn new business systems and processes
· Strong customer service orientation, providing compassion and empathy in sensitive situations.
· Well organized with a strong sense of attention to detail; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Creative problem solving
· Ability to interact with a variety of customers (both internal and external) of all professional levels and cultural backgrounds.
· Positive and professional oral and written communication skills
· Proactive communication and collaboration, and initiative to be engaged.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and E-verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities