Lead Payroll Specialist
Are you a team player with a growth mindset? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Lead Payroll Specialist is responsible for performing accurate and timely processing of multi-state payrolls. The individual will exercise excellent judgment in carrying out the details of the work according to applicable regulations, company policies and procedures. The individual must maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity to ensure confidence and protection of the integrity of the payroll operations and information. The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following responsibilities satisfactorily.
This role is highly operational in nature and is heavily directed towards input and production of the payroll, including the regular biweekly process plus special payments such as bonuses, commissions and other one-time payments. This person should have advanced knowledge of the entire payroll production methodology, a solid understanding of payroll, and be highly process oriented.
· Process bi-weekly payroll
· Lead daily or weekly huddles as needed to ensure specialist alignment
· Generate manual checks for special payments such as CA terms
· Calculate, maintain and process severance payments
· Process and confirm Benefit uploads/Manual Adjustments
· Load 401K Deferral and Loans
· Review and Load Time and Attendance files
· Batch Reconciliation
· Ad-Hoc Reporting using ADPR
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
· 5 years related experience preparing payrolls for a large enterprise
· College Degree or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
· Working knowledge of Workday HR, ADP Enterprise and ADPR. Considerations will be given for related system experience
· PC literate (Internet, Excel, Word), senior levels required advanced Excel functions.
· Knowledge of accounting standards and rules related to payroll regulations and compliance issues
· Federal State and Local tax knowledge and experience
· Accurate, attentive, detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Professional and customer-service oriented with the ability to effectively interact with associates, management and Agency personnel
· Able to function in a team environment with demonstrated ability in problem solving
· Professional telephone etiquette with excellent oral and written communication skills required
· Excellent people skills, job requires building and maintaining working relationships with HR, Benefits and employees on related questions
Apply Here: https://lplfinancial.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/San-Diego/Lead--Payroll-Specialist_R-022344
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities