About the role:
The Director/Sr. Director of Learning & Development will be responsible for leading the efforts to build and scale the L&D function and learning programs across the organization. This role will design frameworks and programs that will be foundational to the continued success and growth of the organization. As we build this internal capability, we are looking for someone that is a strategic thinker but is also willing to roll up their sleeves and do hands on work.
• Create overall strategy and roadmap to deliver on a robust learning and development agenda that is aligned with business needs.
• Evaluate, design and execute innovative and engaging approaches to learning. Set direction and manage instructional design and development processes.
• Lead the development of curricula for Leadership Development programs that are aligned with Company philosophy and values.
• Develop a competency model which will link to learning and development strategies.
• Create and deploy a career development framework that enables employees to continue to develop and advance in the organization.
• Develop appropriate policies and practices to mange L&D throughout the organization, including our Learning Management System (LMS).
• Partner closely with Sales Training to ensure alignment and integration of best practice sharing across the organization.
• Partner closely with business leaders and HR team to ensure programs are meeting the organization’s needs.
• Build capability in business leaders and broader HR team.
• Manage external vendors to align to and deliver desired project outcomes.
• Assess business challenges and implement L&D strategies to address these challenges. Monitor progress and suggest continuous improvements.
• Lead projects and/or participate in department projects and initiatives as deemed necessary.
• Understand trends, identify potential opportunities and gaps, leverage external best practices, and develop L&D initiatives that drive business results.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
• Domestic and international travel is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience required
• A minimum of 12 years relevant professional experience
• Previous experience in life sciences, biotechnology or pharmaceuticals is preferred
• Experience with needs assessment, instructional design, curriculum development, delivery and program coordination
• Previous experience with Learning Management Systems required; experience with Litmos is preferred
• Successful candidate will be high-energy, possess a learning orientation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication and change management skills required, in addition to ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally
• Must be able to escalate difficult issues and make tough decisions
• Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a global setting across localities and time zones
• Collaborative in approach and seeks the views and contributions of others in the global HR team when required
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities