Are you looking for your next adventure and want to join an amazing company? We are looking for a dynamic Human Resource Business Partner to join our team at KGTV in San Diego.
Partners with Corporate and local leadership teams to align HR strategies and tactical solutions with achieving business objectives. This position will serve as the primary HR coach and consultant at a local level, with an emphasis on organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and talent acquisition, talent management and training.
Business Acumen: Understands how the location makes and spends money; understands the local and divisional landscape (opportunities and competition); maintains local HR scorecard.
Customer Consulting: Have consultative conversations with key leaders with the ability to ask questions, deliver tough feedback, proactively identify and diagnose issues, provide creative solutions in support of the business objectives, demonstrate results, solicit and act upon feedback and maintain a trusted advisor status.
Strategy: Understands the location's business strategy; ensures local HR activities support the location's business strategy and the company's HR strategy.
Workforce Planning and Analytics: Understands the divisional and regional workforce planning and human capital analytics strategy; partners with local leadership to execute the workforce planning and analytics strategy at the local level.
Change Management: Supports the direction of change at a local level, obtains commitment of key stakeholders, develops change strategies and sustains change through communications and education.
Employee Engagement & Culture: Maintains current understanding of employee engagement at the division. Implements strategies to drive employee engagement, culture, and organizational capabilities throughout the location.
Employee & Labor Relations: Acts as the first level (or second level, if location has an HR Generalist) employee contact for employee relations issues, after the employee has talked to his/her manager (when appropriate). If applicable, oversee labor relations at the location.
Compliance: Ensures employee records are maintained appropriately at the location; ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including FCC, EEO, FLSA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, Workers Comp, and OSHA, as well as legal requirements as they relate to payroll, benefits, and administrative policy compliance.
Rewards: Executes local talent rewards and compensation processes. Provides input on reward and compensation needs and effectiveness to centralized process owner(s).
Talent Acquisition: Partners with centralized recruiting resources to support talent acquisition process; manages the hiring process for specific roles at the location. Understands and helps cultivate external talent pipeline for the location.
Talent Management: Executes local talent management processes and leads talent planning for the location. Understands and helps cultivate internal talent pipeline for the location through a variety of processes, including:
· Performance Management: Executes performance management process for the location.
· Development Planning: Partners with employees and managers on development planning.
· Talent Review: Facilitates talent reviews to identify high-potential talent.
Training: Ensures delivery of training to the location.
Leadership & Teambuilding: Executes leadership model locally; actively consults with local leaders to build high-performing teams. Models leadership through self-awareness; proactively seeks out and acts upon feedback.
Education & Experience/Certifications
· BS/BA in human resources or related discipline or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years experience in related field with an emphasis on talent management and employee relations.
· Prior supervisory experience preferred.
· PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM SCP certification preferred.
· Union experience required
Skills & Abilities
· Maintain strong knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment, compensation and benefits and other related human resources functions.
· Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Proficient in various HR technologies (HRMS, Applicant Tracking, Performance Management, etc.)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills: ability to translate complex information and deliver presentations to various audiences.
· Proven project management experience.
· Excellent relationship building skills and ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
· Must be organized and have ability to handle multiple task with minimal supervision and work effectively within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Must maintain confidentiality.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to deal with detailed information.
Typical office environment.
Apply at scripps.com/careers (requisition #14668).
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities