Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Reports to: Manager of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Do you want to work for a company where your work has meaning? At Father Joe’s Villages, we’re looking for compassionate, mission-driven individuals to join our team and help us end homelessness one life at a time. Our work is driven by our C.R.E.E.D which is the foundation for our interactions with clients, volunteers, other staff members and the community at large:
· Compassion-Concern for others and the desire to assist.
· Respect-An act of giving particular or special regard.
· Empathy- Understanding and being aware of and sensitive to the feelings, thoughts, and the experience of others without judgment.
· Empowerment- Helping others to help themselves.
· Dignity-All people are considered worthy of our esteem.
This position will translate business requirements into HR processes and systems that deliver business results including talent management, performance management, employee relations, training, succession planning, and workforce planning.
• Flexible Work Arrangements
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Retirement Savings Plan
• Onsite Childcare
• Free Lunch for most locations
• Leadership Training Program
• Casual Dress Code
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Drives talent acquisition activities in order to ensure staffing needs are met; works in conjunction with the hiring manager to source, screen, interview and evaluate candidates for non-exempt and exempt positions. Assists with training managers/supervisors on effective recruiting/interviewing skills and processes. Builds a bench of talent for future needs.
· Partners with leaders to identify training needs; delivers the training/coaching as needed, or in identifying outside resources. Participates in the evaluation and monitoring of the success of training programs. Follow-ups to ensure training objectives are met.
· Investigates employee relations issues; develops resolution and provides work-related advice, guidance, and direction to resolve employee issues; works with managers to bring policy and performance issues to resolution; recommends updates as appropriate, to policies that affect employees.
· Provides guidance, support, and direction in the areas of performance management process, workforce planning and succession.
· Analyzes trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
· Ensures that proper onboarding, orientation, and initial training processes are in place and are being followed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or Communications or equivalent experience.
· At least 3 years of Human Resources Business Partner/Generalist experience in talent management and at least two of these areas: performance management, employee relations, training, succession planning, and workforce planning with an emphasis on coaching leaders and driving change.
· At least 2 years of HRIS experience.
· Proficient in project management and possesses the proven ability to communicate complex information both orally and verbally in an easily understood manner.
· Intermediate user of MS Office.
· Be at least 21 years of age with a minimum of 3 years of driving experience; possesses a valid California driver's license; and has no Class 1 or more than two Class 2 violations within the past 36 months.
Come join San Diego’s largest and oldest homeless provider and help end homelessness one life at a time! Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at neighbor.org [workforcenow.adp.com].
Learn More Join Us
View Sponsorship Opportunities