Illumina is a San Diego biotech success story. With 2500+ employees globally and 1.15 billion in 2012 revenue Illumina has been on an intense five-year journey to create a world-class talent review process.
The CEO’s clear message to HR was that growth could only come with uncommon leadership strength within, augmented by attracting top scientific and technological talent from without. A rigorous leadership talent review process was launched to identify key leaders and their competencies, leadership bench strength and pipeline, and significant gaps in leadership potential.
Join us to hear one of San Diego’s premier talent management professionals tell the Illumina talent review story, with plenty of time for your questions.
You will gain best practices’, lessons learned and hear stories about developing and implementing talent review. Plus you will gain insights about how to apply talent review features to small and mid-size companies.
Discussion will include
- The leadership talent review evolution at Illumina in 3 phases
- Questions senior leaders and the CEO need to answer about talent
- How to conduct a talent review meeting – pre meeting, review meeting and post meeting
- Communication of talent review results to leaders
- How talent review intersects with performance management, compensation, talent acquisition, learning & development
- How the board compensation committee is involved in talent review
- How to use Workday to archive talent data
- Use of the 9 Box Grid for talent review
Not all organizations have formal talent review for leaders. This exchange of information and ideas will give you some starting points.
Sharon Hartmann, Director Talent Management
Judy Enns, Executive Vice President
This program has been approved for 1.5 strategic recertification credit hours through HRCI.
This months event is Sponsored by